Unexpected Squee-age

I was rooting around in the closet this afternoon, as you do when packing for a trip. I love jeans and have stacks of them in a wide range of sizes. Just for shits and giggles, I started pulling them down and trying them on. Imagine my surprise when I found that my fattest pair of mom jeans, ones that were snug when I put them away for summer, were so loose on me that I could almost pull them off without undoing the fly! Then I found two other pair that were too tight last winter and found them too baggy to wear. I can't express how good it felt to place those three pairs of size 26 jeans into a bin bag for donation. I then tried my favorite pair, one of my closet goals for early 2009, the size 20 lightweight wide legs that I wore when I first met my husband in 1999. They fit, a bit too snugly to wear just now, but not far off. And my lovely pair of size 22 Tommy Hilfiger's fit perfectly. I was jumping up and down and squee-ing so excitedly that Rob came charging up the stairs to see about the commotion. Days like these are just one of the reasons that I keep on keeping on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

K3nzx 2013