Case of the Mondays

That saying always makes me laugh. Mondays aren't so bad, it's just means we're one day closer to another weekend! My knee is feeling much better and I was able to push myself quite hard at the gym this morning, I feel like I can start making some headway in that department again.

I'm happy to report that the turkey stock was a success. It came out rich and flavorful. It's tucked away in containers in the freezer for holiday cooking. Making stock really is easy. I did nothing more than put frozen turkey bones and frozen vegetable refuse like peels and cuttings (onions, carrots, celery, leeks, mushrooms, squash) in a pan, fill the pot with filtered water and set it to boil. I added some salt, ground pepper and peppercorns along with a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce and let it simmer for about 5 hours. I strained it and put the pan in the fridge overnight so I could skim off the fat layer. Time consuming, yes, but difficult, no!

When I have a bit more time I'm going to do a recipe index for 2008 and for 2009 and link to them on the side bar. I hope that makes it easier to find a recipe you might like to try. It's time for juice now and then to work. I hope you all had a splendid weekend and that your case of the Mondays is short lived.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

K3nzx 2013