Food Today

Do you want to know what I ate today?  Well.  I'll tell you.

For breakfast, I had old-fashioned oatmeal with a packet of Splenda and cinnamon.  For a snack, I ate a Kashi TLC granola bar.

For lunch, I ate a giant Romaine lettuce salad with a bit of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and some bacon bits.  Then I had some Triscuits with shredded mozzarella melted on them.   Then I ate a few raw almonds.

I had soup for dinner.  I put the ingredients into the crockpot at breakfast time:  brown rice, onions, celery, garlic, V-8 juice, chicken broth, kidney beans.  I had another granola bar at some point, either before dinner or after.  I can't remember.

When I returned from the store tonight, I ate a bunch of strawberries.  I'm afraid they'll go bad if I don't eat them before I go.  No one else is interested in eating strawberries around here but me.

So, there you go.  It's not difficult to eat a low-glycemic index diet.  If I'd known this before, I would have done it year ago.

(Oh, and yeah, I'm eating evening snacks again and considering whether it makes any difference to me.  Psychologically, I think the idea of not eating snacks causes me to eat more during the day because I feel a sort of panic that I'm not going to be able to eat later.  I'm thinking about the whole thing.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

K3nzx 2013