Hand-me-downs

I have a little secret.  The scale has been kind to me that past few days.  Sunday, I weighed in at a svelte 170.6.  Today, the scale said 171.  I tell you this only because Wednesday night my husband and I are going out to dinner for Valentine's Day and, although I am confident of my ability to choose well in a restaurant, my Thursday weigh-in will probably reflect that late-night dinner.  Or maybe not.

At any rate, I'm feeling strong and confident that I will eventually get out of the 170s and back into the 160s for the first time since 1991.

Oh!  And a friend of mine who lost about fifty pounds recently donated her now too-big jackets and coats to me.  When she asked me if I'd like them, she told me they were size 12 and while I am wearing size 12 jeans and pants, I doubted my ability to wear a size 12 jacket.  However, I am pleased to report that almost everything fit perfectly--two leather jackets, a wool Liz Claiborne blazer, a full-length coat, and an all-purpose casual jacket.  The only thing that didn't work was a size SMALL coat and that was because the sleeves were too short.

I could not be more surprised or delighted.  While I understand intellectually that I have lost weight, I honestly find myself surprised when I fit into smaller sizes.  Slowly, my brain and heart and body are getting aligned, just in time for me to lose the rest of this weight.

Now, Valentine's Day is tomorrow.  Be prepared to see chocolate.  But remember that just because you see it, just because you receive it, just because it's a symbol of love does not mean that you must eat it all in one night.  Taste!  Share!  And then get it out of sight . . . or even out of your house.

Today, I sent twenty-five "fun size" candy bars with my son to school for the Valentine's Day party.  (They celebrated early because tomorrow is a field trip.)  Anyway, those candy bars were left over from Halloween . . . which is remarkable if you consider that this means I did NOT eat all the Halloween candy I could get my hands on this year before, during and after Halloween.  It also means that "the kids" were not the ones eating too much candy in the past.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

K3nzx 2013