Time to Reassess

It's the last day of January, can you believe it? I think today is the perfect day to look at how your goals for 2010 are coming along. Did you accomplish what you set out to do? Did you get started? Or has complacency set in regarding food and exercise?

If it's the latter, in the words of Fred Armisen playing Joy Behar on Saturday Night Live, "So what, who cares!" You have today to turn it around and get moving in the right direction. Do not fall into that trap of thinking you've "blown it" now, so you may as well eat yourself into a stupor until after Valentine's Day.

If you're making progress, good on you! Keep that momentum going and don't let the approach of the chocolate-covered Hallmark Holiday throw you off course. If you want to partake, plan your indulgence for Valentine's Day thoughtfully and enjoy it.

As for my goals, I'm loving training with New Rules. My closet, chest of drawers and bathroom cupboards are still so organized. My stomach bug set me back with the office project, but I'm going to get started on that before I leave for Boston on March 3rd. I may not finish, but I will get started clearing the room and start separating the trash heap from the keep heap. And as for cultivating an attitude for gratitude, I'm working on that each and every day. I'm so grateful for my husband, my friends and family, my health and this amazing blogging experience. You readers have been the best.

So keep looking forward, keep making strides even if they are just baby steps. You have the power to make 2010 your best year ever. Remember, you are worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

K3nzx 2013