Get Back to Nature

I've finally found a fitness activity that I love, and the huge bonus is that it doesn't feel like exercise at all. Ever since my husband and I hiked up Kennesaw Mountain for the first time I've become enamored with hiking or trail walking. Yesterday we ventured further and longer than we ever have before. It's hard to believe that Red Top Mountain is just 20 miles from our house. It is a beautiful mountain and lake area full of trees with Lake Allatoona as it's glittering centerpiece. We did a 5.5 mile trail in just 2 hours.

If you've never ventured out of your comfort zone for a nature walk, give it a try. I'm by no means "nature girl." I'm not a fan of camping, mud or woodland creatures but there is something so amazing about a walk in the trees with nothing but the sounds of nature and your own breathing to keep you company. Check out the websites Trails or Local Hikes for walking trails in your area. Call a friend (don't hike alone if you're inexperienced or are going to an isolated area,) pack a bottle a water, put on your walking shoes and get back to nature.

Here is a bit of video footage I took yesterday (please try and control yourselves at the site of the super hot guy in the red jacket!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

K3nzx 2013