NOT DOING TOO BAD AT ALL




Hey folks, I am quite pleased with the way things have been going for me lately with a maintain last week and a half lb off this week I am still on track. I have been taking things easier on myself and putting thought into my days. Last week was spent experimenting with different foods to find things that I can enjoy and eat a lot of without doing damage to the plan. This didn't come without the odd hiccup firstly there was the bad porridge experience when I decided to mix a coconut Greek yogurt with it to jazz up my mornings. First spoonful was weird, then the second, by the 3rd I wasn't liking it and by the 5th I was puking in the sink. This put me off my beloved Greek style yoghurt's for the rest of the week. I decided to stick to my menu of porridge made with water with a little sweetener because sometimes plain is nicer than fancy. 



I had success with a Chili Beef dish and also with a Beef Casserole done in the slow oven for 6 hours served with lots of veg. There was so much of the casserole that I filled up on it twice!! I had some of the low syn sausages that I love but I think I have to limit myself to only buying a few because I ate 8 in one day :-/ I had a disaster with a rotten apple and some manky raspberries but its all trial and error when you are trying out new things. 



My experiment this week is to find foods that are easily stored or frozen. I am also writing my recipes down as Invent dishes that work for me this keeps me occupied and out of the presses and fridge. I'm enjoying my journey again and I remind myself in the morning of what my dreams are and what I want to achieve. When January 2013 comes around I will have gotten rid of a load of fat that was annoying me last January and I will have finally carried something through. I will be 1/3 of the way to my target and I will be delighted with myself. 
Last nights group was great craic everyone was doing well and there were a few targets achieved so the spirits were high. Myself and the lovely looking lady that gives me a lift home ( I have to say that she reads my blogs) were bouncing off each other and for some strange reason everyone in group thought we were being rude but I think it was their dirty minds because I know we were innocent. Group is great if it was on every night of the week I would go to it. G our consultant is a fantastic person she has been on the journey and still is so she knows exactly what its like to have good and bad days. That woman really is doing amazing work because without her support I know I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago.


I haven't felt alone in the last few weeks because I'm using the people around me to guide me through the dark days and I should have been doing this all along. I'm not going to dwell on the shoulda coulda woulda's I'm in the here and now. Right here and now I'm happy and I'm following the right path and I know that I will be picking up a long coveted award next Monday because I owe it to myself.





 I am reading this everyday to keep myself going its a bit harsh but its true.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

K3nzx 2013