NO POINT TALKING THE TALK IF YOU ARE NOT WALKING THE WALK




Good Evening folks I fell off the weightloss journey over the last month or so. I used every excuse I could think of and I was damn near throwing in the towel because I was struggling with myself. I had achieved my 2 stone then put on a few lbs then lost a few, put on a few more until my weight went backwards. I let this beat me and last weekend I was giving up but something inside me forced me to stop and think. I reached out to my fellow members of Slimming World and they all supported me some even spoke one or two harsh words!! I went to group last week with another 2lb gain and got the support I needed to keep me there. I realised I was talking the talk but I wasn't walking the walk. Every day I sat here and made my blog hoping to help myself and others but in reality I wasn't doing what I was supposed to I started to feel like my journey was for others and not myself. Was I doing this to keep others happy? Obviously I didn't want it as much as I thought. I started to feel a let down to others I had put so much pressure on myself with my blog and I was starting to feel that I had to impress everyone with my journey. I wanted to be able to write about how great I was and how I was losing all the time but in actual fact I was just putting the pressure on. If I was struggling I pretended all was well but the scales were telling me a different story. I felt the pressure and then with moving house I started to struggle with eating and I was craving food again. I found it much easier to give in to the cravings than try and fight them. I was using the fact that we had a lot of stress going on in our lives as an excuse to eat everything round me. Now a month later and a nearly a half stone heavier I gotten myself together. We still have a lot of pressure but Im food planning my days again. I am making sure I have lots of food in the house to snack on when I feel I need to so I don't nibble on toast or sandwiches. 

I wanted to wait until I did a full good week again before I got back to blogging and I am delighted to say I did it. I stayed on track most of the  week, only had 2 days that went over my syn allowance. I'm not expecting too much tomorrow at group but I have hoping for at least a maintain. I went shopping today and got everything I need to plan this week ahead so here goes. 

Time to put my money where my mouth is and get back on that journey. I have a new goal I want a stone off for Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

K3nzx 2013